Welcome to St.Johns Jacobite Syrian Church, Kumarakom
St. John the Baptist church at Kumarakom, popularly known as Attamangalam pally, is one of the prominent parishes of the Malankara Jacobite Syrian Orthodox Church. The church was established in the year 1853 (M.E. 1028) and consecrated by Metropolitan Mathews Mor Athanasius of Malankara on the day of the feast of St. John the Baptist. About a century after its founding, the old church building was demolished and a new one was constructed in its place.